PADI Divemasters are the most sought-after dive leaders in the worldwide scuba industry. Thorough training by experienced instructors in the clear waters of the Mexican Caribbean you will get the diving career you often dreamt of to the best possible start.
During your PADI Divemaster course at GoPro Mexico Blue Dream your training will be supervised and mentored by a PADI Master Instructor and you will benefit from the wealth of dive activities that only this busy professionally-run and family-owned training facility can offer you. At GoPro Mexico Blue Dream we offer the option of 2-week and 4-week Divemaster courses. You will be a fully trained Divemaster after two weeks and this option is perfect for those with limited time or wishing to plan on obtaining the Divemaster rating so they can enroll on the IDC program immediately afterwards. The two week course is the preferred option of those who want to minimize their stay/living expenses in Playa del Carmen. The four week option gives you the possibility of doing an extra 28 training dives and two more weeks of experience in assisting courses and supervising certified divers under the supervision of our experienced instructors.
To begin your training as a PADI Divemaster with GoPro Mexico Blue Dream you must have:
- PADI Advanced Open Water diver and PADI Rescue Diver certifications, or equivalent;
- 18 years of age;
- logged 40 scuba dives;
- completed EFR Primary and Secondary Care training within 24 months, or equivalent;
- a medical certificate clearing you for diving, issued by a physician within the previous 12 months.
By developing your leadership abilities the PADI Divemaster training at GoPro Mexico Blue Dream qualifies you to supervise dive activities, assist instructors with student divers and conduct – parts thereof, or in its entirety - the programs and courses:
- conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience;
- conduct the PADI Scuba Review program;
- if qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program;
- earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty;
- independently guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of Open Water Diver course Training Dives 2, 3 and 4 at a ratio of two student divers per certified Divemaster;
- escort Open Water Diver students under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor during surface swims to and from the entry/exit point and during navigational exercises; a Divemaster can take charge of the remaining student divers (with an individual student or buddy team) when the instructor supervises a skill, such as an ascent or descent.
The top quality training you’ll receive from GoPro Mexico Blue Dream’s experienced instructional team will expand your diving knowledge, sharpen your skills and boost your confidence. You have the option of extending the 2-week PADI Divemaster Course by enrolling in our unique 4-week option to fine-tune these attributes and gain further supervised experience in leading, mentoring and motivating divers, or to gain a valuable insight into the IDC program by assisting our team of experienced instructors.